Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The process ... Rehearsing

When you are a featured player, this is to say that you are not a principal and not ensemble, you have a lot of time on your hands. You can run your lines and read a magazine... A lot of times though, I watch people.

The director's method is always of interest to me. This director likes to run the scene and stop. He then gives notes and works all the kinks. This is very effective for this group... They need the immediate feedback. It makes for slow going.

At first I really didn't want to have to sit around ... I have social anxiety and I am afraid of new people. Now, I realize this time is giving me an opportunity to analyse the characters I interact with. I am able to create sone back stories based on what they are doing and what the director is saying to them. I guess it also generates commeraderie because I am here with them.

Anyway, that's all from the rehearsal hall...
Smooches!

No comments: