Friday, September 29, 2006

Remember how I said I was bad at blogging...

well know you know how bad. I think I really need to use this as an exercise in discipline. I feel like over the years I have cultivated a lifestyle of just getting by. I have done just enough not to get in trouble and never enough to feel really good about the things I do.

Let me explain, as a youngster I would do the minimum work required to pass and then not really care about the rest. While other students were building volcanoes and robots for thier science projects, I was...well I dont even know what I was doing. I dont recall a single project I ever did. That should tell you how much it never impacted me. It never meant anything to me.

Even the things that meant " the world" to me never got the full attention they deserved. I would want to do well and then ... I'm not sure what happened. The enemy? I am sure I was a willing vessel for him since I was really unwilling to challenge myself.

Now I am an adult and I suffer from this weird malaise. I get involved in a bunch of things and half of them get shafted because I become exhausted and overextended. My desire to be everywhere, conflicts with my humanity. I end up feeling frustrated and guilty. More miserable, I think, than if I had just said "no, thanks" and stuck to one or two things.

I dont know, but maybe working it out here will help...or make it worse. LOL ... soooo, either see you tomorrow or see you next month along the broken road...

No comments: