Monday, October 16, 2006

Where am I at right now?

hmmm... looks like I am getting to this about once a month...LOL

I guess that is better than none, right?

My show closed. I have been wearing a beehive wig and a mini skirt singing tunes from the 60's for about three months now.... but, like all shows, they must come to an end. This is the first one that I might actually miss. I enjoyed myself, both on and off stage. The girls were a lot of fun. we were all so different. Some very young and well, me... not so young. We were black, white, latina, christian, jew, agnostic - we were everyone... and we sang in fierce harmony ;)

When I get some pictures i'll post a couple.

So anyway, we had our closing dinner. I dont usually go to these things. I dont like endings. In the past year though, I have come to terms with endings. Frankly, I dont think anything on earth will ever be as hard as the " final " ending of a loved one. It makes closing a show seem simple. Something you can celebrate. That's what I am trying to do now - celebrate and be grateful.

So in this oh so public and yet anoymous forum i'd like to thank my lady friends from " Beehive". To Dena, Jade, Julie, Erica and Morgan and our lovely understudies Kathleen, Rikki, Alana, Ashleigh, Hillary and Temple. You all rock pretty darned hard. "Beehive you're my babies..."

No comments: