Thursday, October 19, 2006

Don't faint.

Here's another blog entry. I just wrapped up a greuling couple of days and I just wanted to talk about how grateful I am for my life right now.

I finished the run of Beehive. Yay rah! We had a lovely dinner and I went right back to "The Susan" (TS) to put on my costumer hat.

I had miles to go on the men's costumes for the next show. Changeover at the TS is a real drag. As soon as the last guest leaves the theatre the crew strikes the set. Showbegone. They begin three days of all nighters - the set and the lights go up at the same time. Backstage the SM cleans the dressing room, gathers props and gets out of the way of the costumer who ( if all is right with the world) is loading in the costumes for the next show.

I spent most of Sunday night backstage with George the SM... hemming and cutting and trying to make lists of what I needed to buy. I was there until 3am! Oy - happy Monday, right?

Monday, daytime was spent at ye olde... and then I had to head to Baltimore to rehearse for a reading I have been asked to particpate in. It was very cool, actually - I am going to be on stage with people who have MFA's in acting - Equity performers and I think I hold my own up there. Everyone involved seemed pleased at what I could do. I dont know why it suprises me, but it always does. Perhaps I should work on feeling more confident in my abilities...

Tuesday, another day at ye olde and then down to TS for the dress rehearsal. I was proud to see how well I had done. The men looked pretty good. There were hems and a few things missing. The rehearsal ran pretty late and it was just before 3am again before I got to bed. I had at least five hours of work to do and shopping that couldnt get done before the show unless I took the day to do it.

That is why I opted for a personal day on Wednesday and slept in :). I the afternoon I rushed around like a nut case grabbing things off the shelves. LOL. I got to the theatre 15 minutes before call, sewing, sorting and trying to be a help to the cast on thier opening night. They looked great! Several cast members thanked me and told me that I was a lifesaver and that I rocked. Of course, that made me so happy. I love it when I feel like people see how hard I work.

The show went up moderately on time and it's very cute. Two intermissions though! I left at the second intermission and was actually home and in bed before 12midnight. WHOOOPEE!

I am just so grateful that the show looks good and that job is done. I have to reconcile my receipts, get reimbursed and that's it :)

Now, I have to get through the reading and my life slows down a bit.

I dont expect that to last though... I already see some things coming down the pipeline that I'll be involved in. But praise God for the strength to keep going... for being healthy enough to work. It's a great day!

No comments: