Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Rehearsal - Getting MY Head in The Game.

So today was the first rehearsal for High School Musical. It was great! Lots of fun - people were in a great mood and ready to work.

I arrived at the theatre only to find that there was no power. Let me tell ya - this was NOT the way I planned to start the day. It was cold to begin with and there would be no hope of it warming up if the power hadn't been on all night. SIGH.
I was there ahead of time to audition two more guys for the show. We're still short a couple of fellas ( So, if you know anyone who might want to do HSM for a couple of months - please let me know). I was worried I would have to audition them in the parking lot. What a great impression that would have given! The stage manager arrived and opened up the bar at the top of the hill. There is a dance floor with a bank of windows that would give us light to work. SHAWEEW. The guys never showed up, which was a bummer but the people that did show up were ready to roll!
The choreographer started them off with " We're all in this together" the big dance number at the end of the show. I thought everyone did really well. I know some people dont think that they are dancers, but they all did really well.

We did a read thru of the script. The group had fun being silly and really learning what the story is all about. It's a sweet show and I am very excited about how good the group is. We were missing our "Ryan", "Martha" and "Darbus" as well as a few additional Wildcats. We'll be almost complete tomorrow and I will take a "class picture" then.

I've started taking a few snaps for my scrapbook.... I hope you enjoy them.






No comments: