Friday, August 31, 2007

Marty Thomas



Bestill my beating heart.


Here's the funny thing... I should just write down all the names that Beloved ( tm) uses in a conversation because someday I'll want to know who that person is. For example, Beloved (tm) was talking about how I should sing "Love You I Do" from the Dreamgirls movie for Barry and Marty's wedding. He mentioned it because he and this fella named Marty Thomas were flown to Chicago by a couple getting married and he sang the song.
I thought, yeah yeah yeah - maybe I should sing that song. I was so wrapped up in me that I didnt ask " Who is Marty Thomas?" ( I didnt want to look stupid to Beloved since he was like "you know Marty Thomas..." so I cleared my throat and said "oh sure" ).


What I was depriving myself of was one of the best voices and most amazing high tenors I have EVER heard. He rocks my socks. I spent hours You Tubing and Googling this guy a couple of nights ago. There are few people that I can honestly say I want to meet and even fewer people I actually want to sing with. This is one of those people.


Prepare to be amazed, for those who dont know...here's Marty Thomas.

2 comments:

TeKay said...

sure you just made Marty's day! he's having a rough go right now bound in a wheelchair because of ankle sprains from his Xandu run. I hope you myspace him this message.

Ms. Genevieve said...

er... " myspace him this page" ? you've lost me with your fancy internet lingo...