Friday, August 31, 2007

Update peeps…

Little Shop closed and I am definitely sad about that. I miss the show, the cast, the band and Toby. I would work there again, mos def.

School has started and I am behind already…LOL I am late turning in an assignment for my Research and Aesthetics course…but it’s a paper on "Theatre As Sin"… so you see what I am struggling with. I sort of want to drive to Virginia Beach and ring their little evangelical necks. It’s all good though… they let me in didn’t they? That means God has a plan for me AND for Regent Theatre. Watch out!

Work is still the passive aggressive breeding ground for bitterness and great classical theatre it has always been. This Fall we will be featuring new cast members in the roles of “heifer who got a promotion and has now lost her mind”(tm) and “middle manager who is now king of donothingness”(tm) but never fear, Crazy Man (tm) and Left Brain (tm) are still in full effect. I am tired of em all – but I keep on keeping on. I just have to get through school and get a teaching job.

There’s some good news on that horizon. I was offered some parttime teaching gigs ( which I have to ask Left Brain for permission to leave work to do). But if I can make it work, I probably could parlay it into a full time gig in the Spring. I like the director of the theatre school and it fits with what I am trying to prepare for – full time teaching of general theatre courses. I do get to direct the spring musical at my alma mater – so that is very very cool. I’ll keep you posted on what that will be and what the process is like.

Speaking of process, I am going into tech for the show that wins the award for MOST DIFFICULT REHEARSAL PROCESS. The Wiz has been the most convoluted, disorganized thing I have ever been a part of. I have had to take my super duper anti anxiety pills to get through the past two rehearsals. I am just glad that by this time next week it will be almost over.

Well, I better get back to convincing my professor that Theatre is NOT sin… I’ll try to be better at keeping updated. Peace out y’all!

No comments: