Friday, May 21, 2010

Sail On...


One of the things I miss about living in NYC is the opportunity to see special events. Benefit concerts, one night concert events and the like. Just before I moved back home, I was starting to sing in cabaret rooms and getting to know the people who make music in NYC. I had just put my foot in the water and then I was called home to be with my Dad.


Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret a step in my journey. I am just saying I miss some things about my life in “the city”. Luckily, I still have friends in the business and they still remember me. This is what brings me to my current news. I have been asked to be a “pit singer” – which is essentially an ensemble person who just sings ..yay! – for a concert of the musical “Titanic”. Some of the original cast members are going to be in it! In fact the two people I remember most from seeing the show, Brian D’Arcy James and Michael Ceveris are going to be in it! ::swoon::.


This is one of those times when I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.


Am I intimidated? Yep. Am I nervous? Yep. Am I blessed? OH YEAH!


I’ll keep you posted and give your more info on the show later… I just wanted to share it with you for right now.

2 comments:

TeKay said...

YES!!!!! that's awesome. The highlight of my "career" has been Children of Eden and Pippin in NYC. You are going to have such a great time. Don't be nervous, you are a superstar...they are lucky to have you in the show.

Ms. Genevieve said...

I certainly thought of you when I got the offer :)