Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bat Boy: The process begins...

I just spent the afternoon with Dr. Mentor at the college, hammering out some details about the upcoming production of Bat Boy:The Musical that I am directing for them. I am really excited to be back on the director/teacher side of things.

I asked him to give me some assesments of the students we had on hand and what kind of talent we were looking at. I think we'll be okay. The show only requires three really strong leads and the rest of the cast just has to be willing to go out on limb for comedy. It should be an interesting experience to see these young actors tackle a script they arent familiar with and really have to "work" through it.

I love being up in the mountains...it's so peaceful there. The air is different and I feel really enegerized after being there for a while.

There is a lot of work to do. Right now, I have to secure two choreographers and an accompianist...get some set design ideas to the TD, come up with a costume scheme ( so that a student can shop it), find someone with a score so we can come up with musical sides for the audition and well, think about the over all concept for the show.

I'll keep you posted on how it's going.

No comments: