Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Broken - part three - my new beau

This will be the shortest of the posts. My new fella is 15 years older than me, I met him through an online ad. He is educated and old school ( opens doors, pays for things, has some southern gentleman ways about him). He thinks I'm beautiful and interesting and wants to wine and dine me and show me off. He's a grown man who has been married before, has two grown children - I can't imagine he is looking to start a new family ( which is okay, I dont know that I am the family type). I believe he is fond of me. I know he desires me. I dont know that he loves me.

All of it sounds quite nice, yes? And yet, this is the not the kind of relationship I should have. I dont think that he will ever come church with me. ( and if I am being honest, to be with him, I have missed a couple of weekend services - but that is a WHOLE other post) I am sure I could introduce him to my friends and he says he would like that - but I dont think that my friends will see what I see. Or maybe my friends will see what I dont want them to see. It's complex and it's a compromise.

When I am with him, it feels right...when I come home, I dont know. That's about all I have to say on this for now.

No comments: