Thursday, July 19, 2007

Brave or Stupid

I just spent the better part of an hour composing an email that will probably bring the rath of LeftBrain (tm) down on me.

A couple of people in my department recieved promotions. I was told months ago that these were titular only and that nothing would change. Day before yesterday, those people who recieved those "inconsequential" title changes were told that they should start attending the weekly managemnt meeting. I suppose that is titularly based as well.

Frankly, I think it stinks. I think that one of them does less work than me. Has brought NOTHING new to the table -while I am doing four jobs ( one of which is HIS). I just wanted to have my title changed. I have asked for it for several years now. It's been promised to me since I got there. And has it happened? Nope.

So I spent an hour expressing my displeasure and confusion. And I think I feel better. I have put it out there. I feel shortchanged and I let someone know.

I also feel like crying. Again. Now, like a battered spouse, I am afraid that my boss is going to be mad at me - like he was mad at me for taking a mental health day last friday. I am afraid he is going to be verbally and emotionally abusive to me in retailiation for me speaking my mind. Like he has been for for the past three and half years.

Pray for me people. I'm not wrong to speak up. Why does it feel that way?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Genevieve, I feel your pain. Hang in there. Call me if you want to talk. Or send me an email. Whatever. I'm here for you. Well, not here here, but you know what I mean. I wish I was close enough to take you to lunch so you could vent over something delicious.

I'll pray for a positive resolution on this work drama.

P.S. You are defnitely brave. That is not even a question.