Monday, July 23, 2007

In the woods between Wilmington and Aberdeen.

That is where I spent about 3 and half hours today.

After having yummy pancakes with strawberries and watching SoapNet with my girl MoMo, I set off for my train trek home from NYC. I was totally making fantastic time, I got out of the cab at Penn Station, ran into the Borders and picked up Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows and pickd up a my ticket from the QuickTrak machine. I went downstairs to the place I always wait for the train announcement and waited a whole 2 minutes! I hopped on the train, put on my eye pod, opened up my bottle of seltzer and immediately got sleepy.

I napped for a little bit ( I didnt want to fall totally asleep - a really cute guy sat next to me and didnt want him to hear me SNORE - LOL - I'm so vain).When he got off the train at the Newark Airport stop, all bets were off! I feel asleep and was awaken by a really loud announcement from the conductor.

" We're gonna be stopped here for a few minutes, we have to replace a part We have the part on board, it should only be a few minutes." I had a bad feeling about that. 15 minutes later, he came on and said that the problem was more serious than they thought and we would be here a little longer. Uh oh. I called the SM at Toby's and gave her the heads up. I told her I would call her in a half hour. When I called her for the THIRD time and told her we still hadnt heard anything, she called my undertsudy and my understudies understudy. I wasnt going on tonight. I didnt even know if I would be back in DC that night.

I started to get a little panicky - it was hot on the train and all the people around me were getting on my nerves. I like to be left alone when I travel.

We ended up being loaded on to other trains ( I couldnt get on a new train until the last train came - it was an empty train and all of us who were supposed to get off in DC ended up on that one.)

I was supposed to be in DC at 5:20pm. I got there at 10:20pm. I drove home and petted my sisters cat, had some baked ziti ( yum) and went to bed. No Lil Shop for me.

Even with this HUGE pain in the butt experience, I wouldnt have missed Saturday for the world. I still have warm fuzzies thinking about it.

But oooooh does AMTRAK owe me! I am so writing a letter!

No comments: