Saturday, July 21, 2007

Restoring my faith in love.

I wasn’t in a very cynical mood about love or family to start with. I love my family and I love love. I want to have that special relationship in my life. I had just put that kind of thing on the mental backburner. I have been struggling with some depression issues for the past couple of weeks. I have a handle on it now, but that is why you haven’t heard much from me. I really didn’t feel like being a big whiny baby and complaining about things that none of you could do anything about.

I took it to God and He is working in His own way and His own time on it. Okay, that being said, I was also dealing with some performance anxiety. I had been asked by some dear dear friends to sing at their ceremony. I was flattered and scared!
As it got closer, the logistics of actually doing the songs became pretty complicated. I was worried I wouldn’t even have music for the event. That all worked out, I picked a couple of songs that had pre-recorded tracks available and I sang them. Apparently pretty good, people were very kind and said nice things to me afterwards.

Which brings me to the restoration.

When they spoke their vows of support, fidelity, love and respect, I believed them. My heart was filled with love for them and for the possibility that each person on earth could find someone to share the road with. These two people love each other. They have made each other better people. I have watched them grow in stellar human beings. They are gentle and kind and sweet. Their lives together are exactly what I want in a partnership, from a marriage.
I felt blessed and very honored to be a part of this event. It was a wonderful day. I was surrounded by love and family and just pure joy. I danced and ate cake and cried. It was everything a wedding should be.


Marty and Barry Brown-Marr, est 7/21/07

No comments: