Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's going to take some time this time...

It's going to take some time this time
No matter what I've planned
But like the young trees in the wintertime
I'll learn how to bend...

- It's Going to Take Some Time , The Carpenters

So, in the spirit of being brave (sort of), I sent an email to someone I "fancy". I just thought he should know I was interested since when we are together, I certainly dont give an indication that I think he's special. I couldn't possibly. I am so ridiculously shy when it comes to most things. Putting myself out there scares me.

Ive been rejected a lot in my life. You get really tired of hearing "no", so you stop asking. You settle. I am trying to stand up for myself more - put my desires and needs on the table. So, I sent an email that said basically "Hey, I'm really shy, but I think you're neat - wanna have coffee or something?"

He replied and asked for a raincheck. He's on a deadline and he's way behind. I don't know if that is good or bad. But I know it isnt a NO. He's a really good guy, so I think he is worth waiting on a raincheck. I am not going to try to strong arm him or anything. I have prayed about this - I asked God before I even sat down to send the email. I am leaving the rest up to God and this fella. It's going to take some time, this time...

No comments: