Monday, April 26, 2010

Funny Nun Monday

...is it wrong when you have more fun waiting for the audition than the audition itself?

I was able to spend several hours in the company of a bunch of women I havent seen in ages... all shapes, sizes, colors and ages. It was kind of cool to see all of these talented creatures in one spot. All of us vying for the chance to be nuns in an upcoming production of NUNSENSE.

I met my friend M-boogie in the parking lot and we went in together. We found many pretty young things sitting on the settees outside of the theatre. Slowly but surely as the matrons ( me included) came into the lobby, the younguns moved to one side of the lobby to stretch and preen and be young and pretty. M-boogie really should be with them - but she is way more grounded and cool than them. ;) So she was with the over 40 crowd. For some reason, this theatre only calls her in for old lady roles... anyway thier short sighted ness.

We sat and laughed and cut up for hours and then finally went in. It was a short audie... a scene and a song. I have NO idea how I did. it felt weird. The director gave me notes and made me sing the song again. I dont know if that is a good or a bad sign. The owner of the theatre gave me loving looks - but then again she always does :)

Whatev... I drove home, had dinner and told the cat about my day. I have NO idea how this is gonna turn out.

No comments: