Thursday, April 22, 2010

Unsure...

When things are unsteady, I tend to stand firm.
That could be me freezing up and not moving with the tide of what is going on, or it could be me being strong and solid in the face of uncertainty. If I were to be honest, it's more like the former than the latter.

I havent, in the past, been good with change. I dont like it. However, I have learned over the years to manage my dislike. Manage? Well, more like internalize it so it doesn't inconvenience anyone...and then it turns into a physical problem. For example, my back has gone out several times in the past month ... probably because my work world - the world I worked so hard to make stable is unstable again.

Maybe it's never going to be stable and I need to get used to that as the new " normal". I am keeping my eyes and my options open. There are a lot of balls in the air. I am standing still...I'm sure they are going to hit me in the head soon.

No comments: