Monday, April 19, 2010

So.... this weekend

...was kind of amazing.

It started with sleeping in. I reccomend it highly. I hit the off button on the alarm and let the sleep wash back over me for a couple hours. Then, I spent some quality time with the cat. Some of you dont know her. She used to be my sister's cat. When my sister moved into her own house, she only moved one cat with her (the mean needy one). Which left Nutmeg, the skeerdy cat, with me and Moms. She really is Mom's cat. They talk all the time and when Nutmeg needs solace or saftey she rushes to be all up under my mom. So she and I are sisters, I suppose.

Anyway, she really likes it when I am laying down...doesnt matter where. She will come and sit on me. Doesnt need me to do anything, just lay there. So as the sun was beaming warmly through the venetian blinds and the sounds of lawn mowers sang a springtime symphony, I read a novel while Nutmeg sunbathed on my tummy. Nice.

After that lovely morning... I decided to break my fast with a little bagel and peanut butter and then I felt inspired to clean. Readers, this is not usual AT ALL... nor is it any easy task. For years have been lazily accumulating mountains of stuff and my ADHD never allows me to get rid or clean any of it. But armed with the magic pill and a cup of coffee - I did it! I straightened the living room. It's not perfect, but it is almost presentable.

I was so happy that I could do it and I know my Moms is realived. She hates the squallor and despises herself or not be able to clean it herself. I hope that doing that little bit gave her a little peace of mind. I am determined to have the house clean ( or at least orderly) before I leave for my cruise!

No comments: