Friday, April 30, 2010

reflecting on a win.

last night I got a call that reminded me of why we are here. I have a friend, I will call her MeMe. Meme and I have started attending church together. She travels a long distance every Sunday to get fed by National Community Church. I love that about her.

She really took to heart some of messages that have been laid down in the past few weeks at NCC. Last week, Pastor Mark talked about not being able to live off of someone else's story and the phenomenon of having a second hand experience of God. This message led me to one of my Holy Spirit encounters. ( Again...I will blog on that later when I have fully processed it).

MeMe found in the word a place of hope on which to stand. This week, she actually spoke truth into a situation and it came through ( to a certain extent) she was so thrilled with the affirmation of faith that she shared it with me. I was so amazingly happy for her! This is what I am talking about...seeing faith in action.

Even more amazing... she quietly shared how she was called to be in communion with a couple of our mutual friends last night. That she simply listened to what they needed to talk about and she felt so honored to be in thier confidence. I think this speaks volumes to what a life in the faith can provide. She felt so right in her spirit, that these people wanted to share in her energy. It's what life in community is all about, right?

I needed to hear about how God was working in her life to remind me that He is working in mine too. That I need to be thankful for the communion, for the community and the intersections that give me the opportunity to put faith into action.

Amen, y'all amen. What a win!

No comments: