Saturday, January 06, 2007

Appointment With Death

The dinner theatre play opened last night. It was definately like a dress rehearsal, with all sorts of clunky things happening to on stage. There was the world's longest scene change and a wardrobe malfunction. One of the principals was sick and so an understudy opened the show. It was all kinds of crazy.

The director was so frazzled, I actually felt bad for him. He had been sick and had an injury. He hadnt slept well and hadnt been eating well. I dont understand why we do this to ourselves. I know that tech weeks can be stressful, but I think we bring some of this on ourselves. I know that I have the same problem. By assisting him I was able to see some of the things I would want to change about how I do my work as well.

I know that I want to do things better. I want to work smarter, not harder. I am contemplating setting up a system - a team of people I can work with to make producing theatre easier. This is something I am working on in my mind. People in place to work with in every capacity I work in. I wont put it all down here... but I will keep you posted. Makin it new in 2007...

No comments: