Monday, January 01, 2007

Our Kind of People

I am reading a book called Our Kind of People by Lawrence Otis Graham. It's a survey of the Black Elite - the very tippy top of African American society. It's really interesting but, disheartening.

I'm reading this book for Ye Olde. The company wants to attact a new group of attendees. This demographic fits the kind of people they are looking for. The more I read, the more I dont want to work on this project. I don't think I am cut out for the work of convincing people to buy something they don't want. I need to get out my current job.

It's funny how certain things can bring clarity to situations. Tomorrow I send in my application for grad school, make the requests for transcripts and reccomendations. Only thing left to do is write that infernal article or research paper.

No comments: