Saturday, January 27, 2007

Big D

I am so tiiiiiiiired. So tired I can't actually articulate how tired I am.

I went to bed at 2:30am and got up at 6:00. The flight was totally fine - I sat next to a delightful couple from Dallas. I got my bags and had a nasty suprize at the car rental place.

No one told me I had to pay for the car when I picked it up. Grrrr. I thought it was all taken care of like the hotel. There went my spending money for the trip. Thank God, my Mother spoils me. ( I called her as soon as I found out that Ye Olde had forgotten to tell me I needed to have cash for the car.... YAY MOM).

The lovely peeps at the car rental decided to put me in the smallest car ever. It was almost too small for my suitcase! LOL. I proceeded to take my scooter out onto the Texas highways... and promptly got lost. I drove in circles for about an hour...finding Grapevine Mills, the Gaylord Texan ( where the conference is) and Ed Young's Fellowship church. Finally, I pulled into the parking lot of an Ashley Furniture store and called the hotel. They gave me directions and I still ended up driving in more circles.

Eventually, I made it to the hotel... I unpacked and ordered in. I was so tired and achy that I changed into jammies and laid down. It was 7pm. I took a little nap and now I feel worse than I did before. I am hungry and cranky. I think I shall forage for snacks. I think I saw a machine on the first floor.

No comments: