Friday, June 15, 2007

Don't feed the plants!

They may you fortune and fame,
Love and money and instant acclaim,
But whatever they offer you don't feed the plants!

- Little Shop Finale

Little Shop of Horrors opened last night up at Toby's. It was a lot of fun. I am glad the opening is over though, it's nerve wracking and the energy is always weird. I will say this though, they are very good to thier performers there. They actually care about you. That has a lot to do with the fact that Toby is there all the time and is very hands on in her management. This theatre is one of her babies.

The evening started with Toby calling us all into a circle. She told us that we were ready to open - that the show was fun and sounded great. Then she had us all join hands and she offered the show up in prayer. I was floored. Then we did this exercise where she started a hand squeeze on each side of her and it was passed from person to person. The person who gets squeezed on both sides gets " special energy". LOL. So guess who got it? uh huh...it was me :)!

Frankly, I feel like the whole exeperience has been one double squeeze of special energy. The people have been so good to me. They are so talented and made me step up my "game". The behind the scenes people and the administration have been so supportive - it might be a nice place to work all the time.

The show went off without anything major happening. After curtain call, Toby gathered us all on the stage and had we had a champagne toast. Some of the cast was going off to the have a late dinner to celebrate, but I had a 9am meeting so I sent air kisses to the crowd and boogied back down south.

I went to bed tired and happy. The show is open. Come see it!

1 comment:

Heather Z said...

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see it, friend! My first director did the hand squeeze thing with us, too. Good times!