Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two Show days...

Two show Wednesdays are the best. It's the day I wake up and feel like I am who I am supposed to be. I know that I am going to do something I love all day long. It's just been the coolest day really.

During the shows, ive been alternating between reading and working on the MAT workbook. I've gotten through the review part and now I have to work on vocab and remembering all the stuff I forgot from college ( It's like studying for a Jeopordy tournament!)

Between the shows, I had dinner with the stage manager ( what is it about me and stage managers - I always seem to befriend them!) We shared some stories about our lives. She shared some insight into some of the relationships and people in the company. This really helped me because it gave me a whole new way to pray for some of these people. The thing is, the theatre is a mission field ripe for revival. Theatre, as generalization, is filled with a lot of hurting people. We are by nature, seekers and we often fall into things that seems to satify that need for community, validity and love while we are on our quests. I feel very strongly that I am called to the theatre to help people. I dont know how that is going to play itself out... but I know the opportunity is there. The pain is there for sure.

Anyway, that was a major ramble... it's late...and I am happy.

No comments: