Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Selfishly...

At lunch today I pontificated about what I thought some friends of mine should do. I spouted off my lofty thoughts on thier lives and the things they "might" choose. As my dear friend patiently listened to me I made broad statements about the way I think the world should be. All of this without actually knowing what is going on.

This comes from fear of change. It comes from developing attachments to people and not wanting them to go away. I made these statements as an attempt to vent my fear - to transfer the inner pain I was feeling into anger. None of the people involved know I did this. But I feel the need to say i'm sorry anyway. I was selfish. I love them and dont want them to go away.

4 comments:

Eryn said...

you had some good points taht needed to be made. i don't want them to think about leaving either or any of the things that might happen if they do. however, we all change and if they decide to go, at least we have a vacation place (even if its 1/2 around the world). i love you and all your pontification.

Heather Z said...

Uh...sounds like this would have been an interesting pontification to hear.

Ms. Genevieve said...

Er, trust me... somethings are left embarassingly unsaid.

Heather Z said...

I'm becoming more and more intrigued...

:)

Looking forward to seeing you!! I miss you, friend!