Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday

I slept in the for the first time in a long time. It was delightful. I was perched on my big chair trying to work on my resume when my cell phone went off. It was a director ... I was supposed to have auditioned for a show today. OOPS. He called me to ask what happned. Er I Um. He wouldnt get off the phone till I promised to hop in the shower and come down. Fortunately, it was just up the road a piece.

I sat in the hallway of the place - freaking out. I couldn't remember the lines to any of the songs. I dont know why I get so messed up. The director came out brought me in to the room. There were lots of friendly looking people in the room. I felt a little more confident. Then I told the director I couldnt remember any lyrics. So the Musical Director gives me the big song for the character I was auditioning and I nail it. It was a short section, thank goodness. I read the side and made them laugh. So, I think I may have gotten the gig. When I know for sure, I will let you all know.

I came back home and now I am chillin' once more before I head up North to be Ms. Audrey II.

Not a bad Satuday in the city.

No comments: