Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Getting to feel like a show.

I just got back from a Little Shop rehearsal and realized that I hadnt talked about the process at all.

It's been so simple. The company is very professional and talented. The rehearsals move quickly and smoothly. There is very little drama. All the performers hit thier marks and thier notes and just do " thier thing" every time.

The show has been rehearsed in sections. The music was rehearsed for a few weeks. The scenes were "put on thier feet" out of order. Certain scenes were rehearsed during the day with the actors that were in those scenes. There were times that I rehearsed with " Seymour" and the puppeteers. ( For those who dont know, I am the voice of the man eating plant. The plant itself will be operated by a puppeteer). I feel like I havent rehearsed a lot. But really...we're at the point where the whole things is being pieced together. In fact, tomorrow we are doing a run for the designers to watch.

We are getting very close to tech week. I anticipate that will be a tough process. The theatre is in the round and the staging is done with that in mind. The rehearsal as been without set pieces so it will be interesting to see what the addition of "actual" things will do for the show. Again, I am really really lucky... I get to sit with the band in the pit and work off my script and the conductor. FUN!

I am blessed to be a part of the team and even more blessed to know that the company thinks I am talented and "one of them". That rocks so hard. I am lucky , cuz in this show I just have to sing real hard a couple of times and they love me for it.

I have had a couple of people actually tell me how glad they are that I am there and how glad they are to have met me. Really people, I have been just showing up and hanging out! I know that the spirit of the Lord is in me - and that and not me is what is attractive to these people. It's thrilling. I know that I have some opportunities and openings with this company. It's time to put some of the things I am discovering and learning out there. How awesome is that?

God has made a way for me. I thank my fairy godmothers for pushing me to do this. I know it is all a part of His plan for me. I've said to a couple of people " maybe I am supposed to be a Broadway missionary". Maybe... and maybe this is a test run. I will try to reveal, by example, the blessings of God.

I feel real lucky right now.

No comments: