Thursday, May 17, 2007

...it's probably time for me to get out.

"I have a litmus test that helps me know whether I'm still doing what God wants me to be doing: am I excited about coming back after going away? If the day comes that I'm not excited about coming back, then it's probably time for me to get out. "

~Pastor Mark Batterson

I was happy to be back in Washington after my cruise. I was glad to see my friends, my mom and my sister. I was happy to get back to rehearsing for Little Shop and getting up and praising the Lord for each new day. I have been glad to do all the wonderful things I have done this week... connecting with friends, seeing theatre, going to concerts and sleeping in my own bed.

I was not, however, glad to be back at Ye Olde. I don't know why I hang on as long as I have. It's not like it does anything for me but pay bills. Yet, I feel compelled to stay. I feel the inertia kicking in again. I am making excuses and trying to find a way for this all to " work out". Deep down, I know I just need to move on. Set my sails and travel whereever God wants me to be.

I have a lot on my mind right now. Not a lot of it that I want to post right now, but when it is more succinct - trust me I will share it.

No comments: