Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thinking about Team Kenya and teams in general

I was reading the blog entry from NCC's Team Kenya and thinking about how important teams are.

I work on a couple of different teams. I value working with people. At Ye Olde, I work on a really great team... Team Ticketing works hard, laughs hard and cares a little too much. I love the way the cards have been laid out lately and the people who have come into " my pod" in the past few months have really be wonderful. They strengthen me in ways they dont even know, giving me a little more courage and a little more confidence. They have my back and I love that!

At Toby's, Team Little Shop is phenomenal...lead by the irreplaceable Toby herself and populated by some of the most talented people I have ever worked with. There is a spirit of excellence fueled by the talent pool gathered there. It's a place where good stuff happens. Or at least it has been so far.

At NCC, I have had the pleasure of working on several teams ... Team Godspell made it happen! The "short bus" made it to it's destination, changing lives along the way. I have been blessed to be on the Hospitality team at Ebenezers, from putting up chairs to putting on a smile - that team brings God to people in a very gentle and tangible way. There are other things that I have been a part of and I am sure there is more NCC teamwork in my future. It's a joy to serve.

I am pretty lucky to have been "picked" to be on so many teams - and I never feel like the last one picked.

No comments: