Saturday, December 02, 2006

Back to the Future...



I was surfing the net this evening, reading the ABC soaps site... I have a friend who recently started a stint on one of the shows. I saw a link for the Luke and Laura 25th anniversary. I went through the pages and it brought back so many memories!

It was like having a virtual family reunion. Every weekday afternoon at 3pm, I joined my television family in Port Charles, NY. General Hospital became an essential part of my life. When I was 11 years old, I sat in front of the TV and cried and cried during the television wedding of Luke and Laura. I dreamt of being Laura - swept away by love, adventure and romance. This was the era of Princess Diana and my discovery of romance novels.

I still believe in romance. I still believe in happily ever after. Whether I find it in the movies, on TV, in the pages of a novel or in my arms for real... I know I will have it.

No comments: