Friday, December 15, 2006

Five Minutes from True Love.

Sometimes I am five minutes too late. Sometimes I have waited five minutes too long. If I could just wait five minutes love would be here.

Television tells me that only skinny white women have dates. My personal experience tells me that gay guys find true love and women always compromise. Other women.

Because when I compromise, I still don't get what I want. When I stand my ground I dont get what I want. When I wait, it doesnt comes to me. When I let it go, it doesnt comes back. It was never mine, right? When I pray, I feel relaxed and redeemed, but alone. Am I five minutes from solitude?

So, i'll go to bed alone, wake up alone - put on the mask and put on the show. Does it matter? I guess i'll always be five minutes from knowing.

This stemmed from a survey of ex boyfriends and flirtations... names and pictures of people who have "loved" me and a promise to call at 9pm from TBND. ( it's 12:30am... should I wait five more minutes?...LOL)

Who will wait five minutes for me?

No comments: