Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sometimes when we touch...

Last night I was sitting in my bed, in the dark and an overwhelming need to connect came over me. I grabbed my phone and I scrolled through the names. It was late, so tried Beloved, hoping that he was between shows or on his way home. He picked up right away. Almost instantly I started to cry. I dont even know why - perhaps I missed him...perhaps I just needed a a good cry.

I told him I was very ambivelent about coming to the city this weekend to sing. He, of course, asked me why. I couldnt answer. I simply said " I really want to and I am really afraid to and it would be so much easier if I just stayed home."

He said, " You need to sing. I miss your voice." and I knew I could do nothing but make the arrangements to go to NYC this weekend.

I know that there is more music in my future in 2007. I know it is past time to sing. I feel the pull once more. I don't know whether that is a pull back to the city or a pull to perform. Either way, I will follow the pull and see where it leads me. Or see where He leads me...

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, help me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storm,
Through the night
Lead me on, to the light
Take my hand, precious Lord... and lead me home.

No comments: