Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Stuff That Happened Before.

My sister and I met MoMo in the city on the delightful and shi shi lishious Upper West Side and we had lunch at O'Neals. I had the best olive rolls there. They were salty and warm and sooooo awesome with butter. Since we didnt have breakfast, I decided to have a big-ish lunch. I had a steak sandwhich... I thought it was going to be along the lines of a steak um or a Philly cheesesteak - but it was hunk of steak. It took a lot work but I made it through ;). I was very proud of myself I was able to articulate my feelings of fear about the performance. Instead of bottling up my feelings, I simply said to my lunch companions was "I feel like skipping the whole thing... I'm too scared to do this." It made me feel so much better to just say it out loud.

After lunch, we hopped a cab and set out downtown for the Metropolitan Room. I had a rehearsal before the big to do. The cabbie gave me hard time about the door handle when we got in the cab and it just made cranky (one of usual manifestations nervousness). The trip was short, but I got to see where MoMo works. It's near the Flatiron building, a NYC landmark. When I got out of the cab, I struggled with the door again and he yelled at me. This time, I yelled back. My sister and MoMo stayed in the cab - they headed further South to the Union Square Holiday Market. My sister was looking for a unique gift for one of her good girlfriends and MoMo wanted to visit the market - she had been to all the other Holiday Markets in town :). Apparently, when I got out of the cab MoMo and my sister gave this guy heck about his berating me. Gotta love the girls!

No comments: