Monday, December 18, 2006

The best of a New York Sunday...


We rolled out of bed and checked out the luxurious Red Roof Inn and went back into the city. I had made reservations for Julie, Liz and I at Thalia ( Liz and I had seen it it on a Rachael Ray show and decided we had to eat there). We arrived in town with enough time to walk up Broadway and take in the sights. Times Square is always a trip. We walked up to music mecca Colony Records. I was so inspired by the show the day before I set about getting some new music to work on.

Brunch was superb! Liz had the most lovely looking french toast, Julie had the pankcakes - fluffy and delightful and I had the savory deliciousness that was the frittata - Yum O! ( you knew I had to say it)

The Ladies and I did a little shopping on 9th Ave and headed to the theatre for the matinee of High Fidelity. I ran into a couple of people I knew, including the Company Manager of the show. I didn't realize that it was the closing day of the show... oops.

About the play, it's so specific... you have to have seen the movie and been a product of the 1980's for it to mean anything at all to you. I can see why it didnt have a long shelf life. But I had a good time.

Anyhoo-after the show we gathered our bags and gave our best to MoMo. We travelled down the road back to DC - tired but happy. It was a GREAT GREAT weekend and I look forward to many more in 2007.

No comments: