Saturday, December 16, 2006

Destination New York

My sister and I hit the road for NYC... We took her car, truck, SUV thing, she calls "Blue Boy". She drove us out of DC and up 295 to Balitmore, we stopped for a little Chik-fil-A and shopping trip to get some "provisions". She drove us to New Jersey and at the first stop on the turnpike and then I took over on the road. I thought I was being all smooth and cool driving up to the city. I had done it a million times before and I had even been to the hotel before. So why was it that I overshot the place by like 10 miles! I was at the George Washington Bridge - almost where I used to live in the city. Eventually, we made it to the hotel, the lovely Red Roof Inn in Secaucus we turned on the TV , had some snacks, giggled and made plans for the next day.
Awesome.

No comments: