Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Give Me A Voice

I am singing in a benefit cabaret in New York City next weekend. I both thrilled and terrfied to be a part of this project. Although I spent three months singing my face off ( as my darling intern would say), it wasnt for people who meant anything to me. I know that doesn't sound nice, but it's true. They were punters you know, people who paid thier money and wanted a hot meal and some people to sing for them.

The audience for this show is both fans of cabaret, and fans of the other people on the bill. They are New Yorkers so they expect a lot for thier 25$. Im sure I am overthinking this, as usual but it has given me pause for thought.

I have changed my songs about four times. I tried to get feedback from "beloved" but he wont call me back ( hmm is this just a pattern in my life ?"men who dont call and the women who love them on the next Oprah") So, I am going up there with two Christmas songs and I pray that will be good enough.

Ok, Ill stop worrying about it for now..

If youre in New York and you want to see neurosis in action ;) come see me in " Give me a Voice" a benefit for Oprah's Angel Network at the Metropolitan Room 34 West 22 ( between 5/6) Saturday, December 16 5:00pm. For more information


Saturday, December 16th at 5:00 PM
"Give Me A 'Holiday' Voice"
25 Cover + 2 Beverage Minimum
Hosted by Lennie Watts with Steven Ray Watkins at the piano.
Featuring the talents of:
TOM ANDERSEN
LISA ASHER
BOBBY BELFRY
FRANK DAIN
BABY JANE DEXTER
TIM DI PASQUA
RUBEN FLORES AND JANA MARTINEZ
KELLY HOWE
PHYLLIS PASTORE
MILES PHILLIPS
JULIE ROGELSTADT
CLARK WARREN
GENEVIEVE WILLIAMS
WITH STEVE DOYLE ON BASS

No comments: