Saturday, December 30, 2006

Last One at the Party...

After the rehearsal and the costume shopping...

I hopped in Mistress Quickly and headed north to Glen Burnie, MD. My friends were having a holiday open house and I was rushing to make it before - oh I dont know - New Years Day. Due to the arrival of the late President Ford, traffic is snarled. The trip takes me almost two hours. By them time I get there it is close to 8pm. I sit in my car for five minutes and get my head together. I am wound up and nervous. I am not sure why.

As I head up the walk the door opens and old friends come out. Thier baby is with them and is so adorable. She has big bright eyes and is so alert. This is the moment I would usually have some baby lust... but funnily enough, there's none there. Just an " awww". Also some relief because I find that there arent a lot of people in the house. Just the hosts and one of my favorite people in the world. No one who expects me to be anything but me :)

So I go in and we sit and chat for a few hours. The conversation is good and laughs are abundant. I hope to spend more time with them in the new year.

On my way home my stomach starts to hurt. It's a wierd kind of pain - sharp and new. I've never felt this before. I know about about to have an " episode" but it seems like it's gonna be a bad one.

No comments: