Thursday, December 28, 2006

What's My Lion?


No, it's not a new game show on Animal Planet. It's a question that I am now grappling with after finishing up Pastor Mark Batterson's In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day. PM's second book, hit me right where I live. As anyone who knows me or has been following this blog will know, I am constantly dealing with my fear. It is the biggest issue in my life. I find that fear has stopped me from pursuing most of the dreams I have ever had for my life.
This book challenges you to face the fear, face the "Lions" in your life. PM's easy, humorous style makes the book a relatively fast read. His relativism and acute populist vocabulary brings the revelations to life. I was convicted after reading chapters like " Unlearning Your Fears" and "The Importance of Looking Foolish" to make some new choices for myself.
This was the perfect book to read just before the new year. I reccomend it to everyone who is seeking and everyone who thinks they have already found it all.
Now I have to figure out which Lion to chase first.
Roar!

No comments: