Tuesday, April 17, 2007

And I am telling you...

I didn't get a part in Dreamgirls... LOL

I was very pleased after getting the role in Little Shop... to be asked if I was able to the attend the Dreamgirls audition. I told the producer that I couldnt leave DC until 5:30pm ( when the audition started). She said there was no problem with that - just show up. Sweeeet!

I dont get down there until 7:30 and they were still seeing the girls. I hopped up on stage and sang and read and then I got sent home. oops. I was done. I didnt mind though, the energy among the girls was kind of negative. Also... this show is at the Baltimore Travel Plaza location. Which is pretty far. I didnt feel as comfortable at this location as I did at the Columbia loc.

The upside of this evening was I got to sit and have a long conversation with one of my girls from Beehive. She was frustrated by her audition experience and I was glad to have to opportunity to encourage her. It was also great to connect with her again. I like to have a variety of people in my world. We bring something different to each others world. There's no monotony and no co-dependence. It's really cool.

I will endevour to spend more time with her. She only lives over the border in PG County! LOL.
Anyway... no Effie for me...not yet ;)

No comments: