Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Saying goodbye to Godspell

Tonight we had the cast party for Godpsell. It was a fun affair with food galore and something called Dance Dance Revolution that I wanted no part of. Mostly it was a wonderful evening of connection and community.

I don't usually go to cast parties. I usually dont like the cast by the time a show ends. LOL. This time it was just nice to be with these people. They come from different places. They all have independent interesting lives. They intersect at the point of faith and theatre. That's a beautiful thing.

Did I mention the food? Um, pastorfriend (tm) served up some of the yummiest snacks possible. The highlights were the chicken nuggets from Chik-fil-a and the chips and salsa from Chili's. RIDICULOUS good. :)

One of the nice things that came from this gathering is the germination of new idea for an artistic collaboration. A VERY talented young artist in the company showed us some slides of her portfolio. I was floored. It started me thinking about how to incorporate some striking visual images into my upcoming show. ( now delayed by a man eating plant...)

I wont say more than that because she and I havent really talked it through, but it was a very exciting "spark" of creativity. I have to say that my experience at NCC has recharged my creative side in a way that I never could have imagined. It's clearly a gift from God. Now that I have been given this gift, it's my responsibility to use it for His glory. It's an amazing challenge and a wonderful life.

Did I mention the food was YUMMY?

No comments: