Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech

All over the country the talk is about the massacre at Virginia Tech. The brain tries to make connections and find "sense" in the whole thing.

Since I have problems with anxiety and obsessing, I have purposely censored my television viewing and internet search in regards to this horrific event. I have conciously tried to pray for the students and the families and the communities affected by this tragedy. I have also tried to stay aware of the affect that this kind of news has on me and the world around me.

My mom is an obsessive type too ( the apple doesnt fall far from the tree). Everytime I pass her room, there is something on TV about the incident. I know she feels she has to have all the information in order process it properly. I have often taken this route. I choose not to do it this time. I choose to offer my confusion and sadness about this up to God. Blessed are those who mourn.

Here is an interesting article with a Christian perspective: Peace in a World of Massacre.

No comments: