Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday...

This morning I got up early and got ready for church. My sister was awake and dressed and looking at the movie listings. I asked her if she wanted to come to church with me. She said yes!

Let me just say that this is a " win" if I ever I had one. My sister struggles with her relationship with God. She rails against organizaed religion and rules of any kind. The funny thing is, that if it weren't for my sister, I would never have gone to NCC. She went to school with one of my fairygodmothers. Her friend suggested the church to my sister and my sister suggested it to me. I wanted to return the favor. I had been asking her to come with for a year.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways. I certainly didnt expect to have her with me this Sunday. But it sure was nice. I hope she comes back.

The message today was on the Anatomy of Faith. Today was the tounge...the mouth, the use of our words. I really needed to hear it. Not only about controlling the things I say, but also using my words to lift up and not tear down. I want to be a voice of hope and encouragement. I have some real powerful encouragers in my life right now. I hope to model them.

No comments: