Wednesday, April 25, 2007

directions

"I guess it's time to prioritize and start running. At least God can redirect me if I run. It's kinda hard for him to redirect someone who is sitting." - pastorfriend (tm)

I just got off the phone with a rep from Regent University. They have a Theatre Studies/ Theatre Ministry Masters program. Interesting intersection of a few of my passions, dont you think?

This opens up a world of doubt in my mind. Should I run off to Virginia Beach and get an MA? Should I run off to the big city and keep auditioning? Should I just stay where I am and suck it up? ( I think we all know that last one is a big resounding NO!).

I'd like to work with young people. By young people I mean the college, new grad to 30 something crowd. As I eek my way out of that demographic, I really have a heart for them. I know that I am a teacher and I hope that I am a good friend. I would like to use those skills to bring people closer to God. I just dont know how. I am working on it though...

Everytime I sort of think that I have found one definate "lion" to chase...another peeks around a tree and sticks its tounge out at me. Too many lions... not enough me. LOL

1 comment:

Sir Fabulous Himself said...

Your pastorfriend is right. Take off running and let god steer you. While you aren't in the "young" demographic, you're still young in the eye of life... so I say go for "it", and by it I mean anything that isn't Ye Olde. And I know all about Ye Olde... see you one Twitter or whatever it's called...

-sfh