Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bunny Cake Saturday

What could be a better way to shift some of the nervous energy that I have for tonight? Um, baking a bunny cake. What is this bunny cake that you speak of? I am glad you asked ! :)

It's a cake baked in an aluminum pan shaped like a 3D rabbit. No joke ya'll...two halves put together to form a bunny.

I got up this am and put on my Betty Crocker hat and set to mixing and baking. I'm at the half way point in the process... The cakes are baked and cooling. I'm having some tea and chatting with my mom. Next up the creative part ! I will be slathering the cakes in either chocolate icing or white icing. The white bunny becomes a coconut cake- looks like a "furry" bunny.

If I remember to take a photo, ill post it so you can see the glory that is the bunnycake (tm). In case you can't even imagine it, here is a great article with a picture of a finished cake.

My aunt, who was the keeper of the bunny pan until recently, happily announced today that she has a Santa Pan as well if I am interested ... we'll see boys and girls, we'll see...

No comments: